On the occasion of Men’s International Day, celebrated on the 19th of November every year, we list some effective tips to help men lose weight, build lean muscle mass.
.rtecenter text-align: center;.rteright text-align: right;
._telegramicon background:url(https://imgk.timesnownews.com/s/v1/img/d_telegram.png) no-repeat 0 0 !important
._whatappicon background:url(https://imgk.timesnownews.com/s/v1/img/d_whatappicon.svg) no-repeat 0 0 !important
International Men’s Day 2020: 5 weight loss tips for men who want to burn fat, build lean muscle& |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
.a-keywrap width:calc(100% – 600px); float: left; background: #f3f3f3; padding: 15px 19px; height: 450px; overflow-y:auto; margin-bottom: 12px
.a-keywrap-head width: 100%; float: left; color:#000; line-height: 1; font-size: 22px; text-transform: uppercase;line-height: 1.27; /*font-weight: bold;*/ border-bottom: 1px solid #000; padding-bottom: 13px
.highlights-point width: 100%; float: left;
.highlights-point ul margin: 0px; padding: 0px ; float: left; width: 100%; list-style: none !important
.highlights-point ul li width: 100%; float: left; line-height: 1.56; font-size: 18px; color: #000; position: relative; list-style: none!important; margin-top: 12px; padding-left: 18px
.highlights-point ul li:before width: 6px; height: 6px; background: #000000; border-radius: 50%; overflow: hidden; content: ”; position: absolute; left: 0; top: 10px
- Burning off excess fat can be challenging for most people trying to lose weight or simply wish to improve health
- But making a few lifestyle changes can help shed excess body fat
- Here are five simple things men can do to speed up their weight loss, build lean muscle for a healthier, fitter life
New Delhi: Shedding those extra kilos isn’t that easy for anyone. While there’s no shortcut to weight loss, making a few simple changes can make the process much easier. Losing weight, perhaps, isn’t just a women’s issue – it’s for men too! On the occasion of Men’s International Day, celebrated on the 19th of November every year, we list some simple, yet, effective tips to help men lose fat, build lean muscle mass and get healthy.
Easy weight loss tips for men of any age
- Hydrate: This is the first rule to lose or manage weight. It’s important that you drink plenty of water to keep your body well-hydrated. Drinking enough water throughout the day will also fill you up so you do not overeat later. Also, being slightly dehydrated can impact your workouts. If you’re bored with plain water, try adding a few slices of fresh fruits to it to enhance the taste. You may also sip on green tea or herbal tea. Research has linked drinking tea – green, black or white – to lower body mass index and less body fat.
- Avoid or limit processed foods: These foods tend to be high in added sugar, refined carbohydrates, trans fats, artificial ingredients but low in nutrients and fibre. Eating large amounts of processed foods has been linked to an increased risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, obesity, weight gain, etc. Although processed foods are tasty, they bad for your tummy, creating a favourable environment for gaining belly fat.
- Consume more produce: They are low in fat and calories but loaded with fibre, nutrients and antioxidants, which are incredibly filling and beneficial for your health. Whole foods and vegetables are packed full of vitamins, minerals, protein and fibre, which will keep you full for longer, build lean muscle and contribute to weight loss. You must understand the fact that there’s a delay between your stomach and brain on the signals of fullness, so, slow down and chew your food properly thoroughly before swallowing.
- Do full-body exercise: Opt for exercises that use your whole body instead of targeting a specific area. Whether or not you’re trying to lose weight, it is important that your workout plan encompasses your total body – squats, pushups, deadlifts, chin-ups, etc. Try waking up a little early to get your daily dose of exercise, especially if you have trouble hitting the gym after office.
- Include strength training: Strength training has been shown to have multiple health benefits, including reduced visceral fat – a type of dangerous fat that surrounds the organs in the tummy. Strength training combined with aerobic exercise can increase resting energy and reduce belly fat.
So, try incorporating some healthy habits into your routine to have powerful effects on fat burning and building lean muscle. Remember, small changes can result in big weight loss.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now