Holistic weight loss diet plan: Try these 5 tips today to lose belly fat fast without dieting& |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- It seems losing weight isn’t just about a diet or program, it’s about making sensisible long-term changes in your dietary and other lifestyle habits
- Following a holistic diet may offer major health benefits, including disease prevention, weight loss and weight management
- Here’s how you can achieve your fat loss goal without dieting or working out every other day
New Delhi: Do you feel like you’re not losing weight in spite of all your hard effort to shed those unwanted pounds? Turns out, healthy weight loss isn’t just about dieting, it’s about making healthier choices that includes long-term changes in your eating and exercise habits. Perhaps, a holistic approach that addresses both body and mind may help you lose weight and keep it off. A holistic weight loss diet or program can offer major health beenfits besides helping you get a smaller waist.
For the uninitiated, a holistic diet is all about eating whole foods that contribute to overall health and well-being. Holistic nutrition involves consuming unprocessed, organic and locally grown fruits and vegetables that are loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other esssential disease-fighting nutrients. Here’s how you can get rid of that stubborn belly fat and keep fit by adopting a holistic diet.
How to lose weight following a holistic diet
As stated above, the key to holisti nutrition is eating a variety of fresh healthful, organic foods whenever possible – such as fruits, veggies, whole grains, nuts, seeds, poultry, lean meat, fish and low-fat dairy, etc. Here are a few tips that may help you get a flat tummy and achieve your weight loss goal without severe calorie restriction or working out every other day:
- Go organic: Organic food contains fewer pesticides and heavy metals but higher levels of healthy fats, antioxidants and nutrients that promote health and aid weight loss. Choosing organic foods, perhaps, may be a great way to reduce your risk of exposure to toxins and other harmful substances.
- Eat whole foods: Choose unprocessed, unrefined and healthy snacks such as apples, bananas, melons, carrot, or any of your favourite fruit or veggies. This will not only help you lose weight, but will also reduce your risk of cancer, heart disease, type 2 diabetes while providing your body with nutrients it needs to function normally.
- Limit your sodium intake: Replacing processed food with whole food is a wiser option to reduce your sodium intake. Limiting the amount of sodium in your diet can benefit you in a numbe rof ways – such as lowering blood pressure and bad cholesterol, reducing heart disease risk, etc. It may be noted that consuming too much salt can affect your weight as it causes your body to retain more water, showing up on the scale as extra pounds. A diet high in salt is also linked to higher body fat, especially belly fat.
- Get rid of that sweeth tooth: Research has shown that eating too much sugar can lead to weight gain over time. It also increases your risk of type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, etc.
- Drink your water: Generally, holistic nutritionists recommend drinking eight glasses of water a day to boost digestion and health. Water is 100 per cent calorie-free and is the best beverage for your tummy. Make sure that you drink enough water every day to help you stay hydrated, burn more calories, suppress your appetite, flushes toxins from your body.
Additionally, make sure that you get enough sleep every night, manage stress, and include excerise in your daily routine to keep fit for life.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.