Exercise for weight loss: Here are some beginner’s tips for ‘The Insanity Workout’& |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
New Delhi: Insanity, the name alone represents a significant challenge. It is a super intense workout program and they don’t call it Insanity for no reason. This workout is not for the faint-hearted and one has to be insane to even attempt this workout. If one is used to doing high-level training, these workouts can help take their fitness to the next level.
Insanity is a well-rounded workout that is great for toning muscles, weight loss, muscle mass gain and cardio. It aims at getting one in the best shape of their life in just a matter of 60 days. While one can do this workout programme at home in front of their TV, the best way to get the results is to join a group class as it helps one stay focused and motivated.
This workout can be intimidating for beginners, so here are a few starter tips to help ease the anxiety.
6 tips for beginners at the insanity workout
- Be prepared to give it your all – You have to remember that Insanity workouts are not like any regular exercise and hence it is important that one comes prepared. One has to be truly committed and focused on their fitness goals as well as have the drive to stay in shape.
- You should never skip warm-ups and stretching – Insanity is a high-intensity workout that can have a severe impact over a long period of time if warm-ups and stretching are not taken seriously. Make sure to do the warm-ups and stretches before and after every workout to prevent injuries in the future. You should also remember that the warm-ups for the Insanity workout are also very intense.
- Sip on the water at regular intervals – It is important to remain hydrated at all times, throughout the day. Make sure to carry a water bottle at all hours and sip on water throughout your workout. It is advised to not drink large gulps of water as it will make one feel uncomfortable with all the crazy exercise moves.
- Don’t be afraid to rest – Since you are just starting out the programme, remember it is ok to stop and take a breather as and when needed. One should listen to their body and understand the difference between pushing oneself and going too far. Instead of focusing on keeping up with the pace of others in the class, concentrate on doing as much of the workout you can and take regular breaks or two when you feel exhausted.
- Focus on the right form instead of speed – Since you are just starting out; remember to focus on getting your form right. It is important to do the moves RIGHT and make sure you don’t miss any exercise in the workout. It is easy to get carried away in the fast pace of the routine but remember to remain focused and follow the correct form as each exercise is designed to keep one from injuring themselves while maximizing effectiveness. If you find yourself losing form, take a quick break and get back into the workout.
- Take protein shakes or post-workout solution – Doing Insanity workouts six days a week can be hard on the body, especially since you’re just starting out. While it is not compulsory, it is recommended to take some post-workout solution or protein shake which will help give your muscles the necessary nutrients to rebuild and recover quicker. You can also try low-fat chocolate milk for its many beneficial recovery properties.
When you are just starting out the Insanity workouts, you will feel a shock to your body and mind. However, stick to your routine and don’t give up. Once you get through the first week, everything becomes more manageable. The soreness starts to disappear and your endurance level starts increasing dramatically making you feel better about yourself.
Disclaimer: The article has been authored by Meenakshi Mohanty, Fitness Expert. Views expressed are personal.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now