5 wondrous organic herbs to keep your mind and body rejuvenated this summer& |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- The use of herbs and spices has been linked to several health benefits
- Including fresh summer herbs in your diet can improve your health and well-being in numerous ways
- Here are some of the most flavourful herbs that can improve digestion, cool down the body and reduce your risk of infections
New Delhi: The summer heat can take a toll on your health. Some of the most common problems that we face during the summer months are skin eruptions, sweat and dehydration and indigestion. To counter these problems, we can always analyse and plan what we consume. Indulging in organic foods can help us to keep our body refreshed, enable us to deal with an extremely high temperature in a tremendously healthy way.
Let us take a quick look at some refreshing organic herbs that can help keep your mind and body rejuvenated, thereby keeping you away from various diseases and infections this summer.
Powerful summer-friendly herbs to include in your diet
The following herbs listed by Rishabh Chokhani, CEO & Founder, Naturevibe Botanicals, come with powerful health benefits:
- Mint: The cool and refreshing properties on mint are not hidden from anyone. This excellent herb is packed with various nutrients that can help your body fight off the summer heat. This magical herb supports digestion without raising the body heat. A concoction of fresh mint leaves in a jar of cool water acts as a soothing refreshing summer drink that can also help relieve nausea and headaches, and eases depression and fatigue.
- Manjistha: This wondrous herb is excellent to cool down the blood and remove toxins from the body. Besides, it also supports liver and kidney function. It is a diuretic, so will increase the frequency of urination thereby making your body detoxified.
- Hibiscus: This summer-friendly herb is extremely cooling and brings down the body temperature quickly. Its tart flavour makes it very thirst-quenching and helps us to keep our body hydrated while we sweat heavily during the summer months. Its slightly sour taste makes it an appetizing herb to keep your body energised during the summer heat. The best way to consume it is in the form of hibiscus tea.
- Rose: Have you ever thought that the queen of flowers ‘Rose’ can also be a refreshing summer herb that can help your body beat the heat and stay cool and rejuvenated? Rose is considered to be an astringent, cooling and anti-inflammatory herb. Though using too much of it can give you a bitter taste in teas, you can add these fresh soothing petals in summertime blends and indulge in this mood uplifting herb.
- Amla: Popularly known as Indian Gooseberry, amla is a rich source of vitamin C. It is diuretic, therefore, enables us to remove excess heat from the body through the digestive tract. This magical herb also enhances food absorption and detoxifies the body completely. Apart from this, the citrus herb also helps us to give a boost to our immune system and slows down the process of ageing. It also reduces sugar levels in the blood, treats throat infections, nourishes the heart and improves cardiovascular health. Amla can be consumed in the powder form or can be eaten raw.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
For full coverage on Coronavirus pandemic, click here. Join the Times Group initiative #MaskIndia. Share a picture with your home-made mask on your social handles using #MaskIndia. The best picture will be featured in TOI and on maskindia.com