10 foods women should eat daily for optimal health | Photo Credits: Pixabay&
- Humans enjoy a variety of healthy foods from the different food groups
- However, the nutritional needs of a woman are different from that of a man
- Here are a few foods that women must consume on a daily basis
New Delhi: There are many things a woman has to do to keep herself fit and healthy. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, eating right, sleeping enough, working out on a daily basis and not smoking or consuming alcohol are some of the habits that promote a healthy life. The nutritional needs of men and women are different. A woman goes through many different phases in her life like her menstrual cycle, pregnancy, motherhood and menopause. It is very important that a woman stays fit and strong both physically and mentally to deal with all stages of her life. During each stage of a woman’s life, her nutrient needs change as per her body requirements and surroundings.
Women have unique food requirements. A woman’s body is built differently from that of a man and, hence, it is obvious that both men and women require certain different foods to function and stay fit. To ensure smooth functioning of her body, a woman must consume all kinds of vitamins, proteins and minerals. A woman has to take extra care of herself to take care of the entire family. There are some foods that give the much-needed extra energy to women. These foods must be consumed daily for optimal health.
10 foods women must eat every day
- Yoghurt- Yogurt is rich in calcium and magnesium. It helps in strengthening bones. Yoghurt is extremely beneficial during the menopausal stage and also during pregnancy.
- Sweet potatoes- Sweet potatoes are a rich source of carbohydrates. It is good for the skin, eye and urinary tract. They are best for pre-menstrual syndrome.
- Flaxseed- Flaxseeds have anti-inflammatory properties and also contain omega-3 fatty acids. They are safe for healthy women and can be eaten at any point of the day.
- Lentils- Women should consume lentils at least three times a week. It keeps their heart healthy and helps in balancing cholesterol levels. It is also good for weight management.
- Pumpkin- Pumpkin is a superfood and contains vitamin A. It is beneficial for a woman’s eye health and also provides the essential nutrient with a body needs.
- Olive oil- Women are prone to getting heart attacks. Olive oil is good for the heart and cardiovascular health. It keeps the heart functioning smoothly.
- Leafy greens- Spinach and other leafy greens are rich in nutrients that are highly required for a woman’s body. A woman must eat leafy greens, especially during her menopausal stage.
- Garlic- Garlic raises anti-cancer compounds. It is extremely beneficial for women during their menses as well.
- Dark chocolate- Dark chocolate is known to treat period cramps. It also helps in regulating the mood and producing happy hormones.
- Eggs- Eggs are extremely good for a woman’s health. It lowers the risk of breast cancer. Eggs are digestible proteins.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now